Choosing a type a font when creating a publication involves a number of things to take into consideration.
What type of publication is it?
Brochure, Flyer, Business Card?
Formal vs. Informal
Target Market? Men, Women, Children...?
- There are differences in fonts, which relate to the characteristics of your audience. Legibility and readibility also come into effect when choosing a font.
- According to an article from Click Business Cards you should choose a font for a business card which relflects your stability and security as well as think about which market you are trying to appeal to. Small fonts are preferred on business cards which are bold since business cards communicate important contact information. Brochure fonts should always be legible. If there is too much going on with the font, the reader will lost interest in reading the information. Also, you should consider the space and images on the page which relate to the font.
- For more information on how to chose a good font go to 15 tips to choose good text type.
- To find free fonts that you can easily download click http://www.dafont.com/
- How to install a font on microsoft: Install Font